I’m going to go with a profound meh. It had its moments. Some VERY GOOD moments in fact. But overall, there was too much testosterone for my liking. Too much ridiculous chest-pounding and lapel clutching, and extended breaks so Jun Ki can show off his admittedly impressive martial arts skills.
That’s it. That’s the post.
But I’m not sure whether I will stick it out. The first ep had so many turn-offs:
- Pipe-wielding thugs. Eye roll.
- Store bashing loan sharks. Eye roll.
- Crooked cops on the take. Eye roll.
- A coldblooded murder in front of the victim’s kid. Eye roll.
- A vow of revenge by said kid. Eye roll.
- Perpetually smirking slimy lawyer. OK, the eye roll was a little bit of an eye rawrr there because its Lee Joongi, but still…